CO2 laser cutting machine and fiber laser cutting machine is widely used in many processing industries. It is relative to the traditional cutting mode; It has many advantages, but also some disadvantages.
CO2 laser cutting machine main advantages:
1. The power is large, the general power is between 2000-4000W, and it can cut full-size stainless steel within 25 mm. Carbon steel and other conventional materials, as well as aluminum within 4mm and 60mm within the acrylic board, wood material board, PVC board. And very fast when cutting thin plates.
2. The reflectivity of CO2 laser to aluminum alloy is also high. Installation of back reflection isolator, can effectively protect the CO2 laser, which can safely cut aluminum alloy.
3. Since the CO2 laser output is continuous laser, when cutting, the cutting section effect of these three laser cutting machines is smoother and better than the other two.
Disdvantages of CO2 laser cutting machine:
1. CO2 laser can not cut copper, including brass, copper. If you need to cut copper, only fiber lasers are qualified. For CO2 laser, copper is a highly reflective material, and the laser is almost completely reflected and not absorbed; The reflected light returns to the laser, causing harm.
2. High cost, high-power CO2 laser cutting machine has reached more than 2 million, and the cost of maintenance is high, the use of photoelectric conversion rate, only 10 percent, high energy consumption. It is inconvenient to maintain and has high operational requirements.